2:35 PM | Posted in
No, no one died. But to see the reactions I get when I tell people what happened, you would think someone did.

Recently I have experienced something that no one on a paperless college campus should have to go through. Tuesday while opening up my laptop, which is like a part of me at this point, the left hinge support snapped and now no longer sufficiently supports the screen. I am now no longer able to use it at school and must mail it in to get fixed before my 3yr warranty runs out on 6/27/08.

So other than the sad looks and sympathies I get from the people I tell this means that my blogging is going to become a bit more crazy since I don’t have access to a computer lab on campus that isn’t one I’m taking a class in. I think the biggest things I am worried about are one, if I can survive without it for a couple weeks and two if it will leave and get back to me in one working piece with all its data. So wish me luck and I will write when I can.
Category:
��

Comments

3 responses to "A loss in the family"

  1. Becca On February 7, 2008 at 3:01 PM

    :Funeral music:
    my condolences. I know how much it means to you. But maybe we can spend more time together without your other woman in the picture....

     
  2. Sonic Death Monkey!!! On February 8, 2008 at 9:06 AM

    At first I felt deceived by your title... but then I realized that losing a computer is just as bad if not worse than a family member dying.

    I will build a funeral pyre to send the laptop off with a hero's goodbye.

     
  3. Ginny On February 8, 2008 at 11:20 AM

    Oh no, that is terrible news! Hope they can get it fixed with everything still intact.