2:35 PM | Posted in
No, no one died. But to see the reactions I get when I tell people what happened, you would think someone did.

Recently I have experienced something that no one on a paperless college campus should have to go through. Tuesday while opening up my laptop, which is like a part of me at this point, the left hinge support snapped and now no longer sufficiently supports the screen. I am now no longer able to use it at school and must mail it in to get fixed before my 3yr warranty runs out on 6/27/08.

So other than the sad looks and sympathies I get from the people I tell this means that my blogging is going to become a bit more crazy since I don’t have access to a computer lab on campus that isn’t one I’m taking a class in. I think the biggest things I am worried about are one, if I can survive without it for a couple weeks and two if it will leave and get back to me in one working piece with all its data. So wish me luck and I will write when I can.
Category:
��

Comments

3 responses to "A loss in the family"

  1. Becca On February 7, 2008 at 3:01 PM

    :Funeral music:
    my condolences. I know how much it means to you. But maybe we can spend more time together without your other woman in the picture....

     
  2. Djs9pd On February 8, 2008 at 9:06 AM

    At first I felt deceived by your title... but then I realized that losing a computer is just as bad if not worse than a family member dying.

    I will build a funeral pyre to send the laptop off with a hero's goodbye.

     
  3. Ginny On February 8, 2008 at 11:20 AM

    Oh no, that is terrible news! Hope they can get it fixed with everything still intact.